Brands of current/recent products:
||Public, subsidiary of BYD Company (SEHK: 01211)
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
||Shenzhen BYD Daimler New Technology Company
F5 Suri (Surui) (1.5L)
Shang (M3 DM) (PHEV, 1.5L)
Song (S3 DM) (1.5/2.0/PHEV)
Tang (PHEV, 2.0L)
Yuan (S1 DM) (PHEV, 1.5L)
||2009: 0.45 million
2010: 0.52 million
|Official Web Site–Chinese
|Official Web Site–English
- 1995: BYD (short for "Build Your Dreams") Company Limited, parent of BYD Auto, was founded in February with a registered capital of 2.5 million Yuan and about 20 employees.
- 1997: Started to build lithium-Ion batteries.
- 1998: Opened an office in Europe.
- 1999: Hong Kong branch founded. Opened new campus in Kuicong, Shenzhen, where BYD’s headquarters are located. Opened office in the US.
- 2000: Became a supplier of Lithium-Ion batteries to Motorola.
- 2001: Became a Nokia supplier. Opened office in South Korea.
- 2002: Became listed in Hong Kong. Established branch in Beijing and Shanghai.
- 2003: BYD Auto was founded through the acquisition of Xian Qinchuan Auto Co., Ltd. on January 22.
- 2004: BYD Micro-electronics Co., Ltd. was founded on February 18. Opened a vehicle testing center in Shanghai on July 17.
- 2005: The first BYD F3 rolled off production line in Xian on April 16. Opened Japan branch in August. The F3 went on sale in September.
- 2006: At the Beijing motor show, debuted the F8 convertible and its first pure-electric car, the F3e, which boasted ET-Power batteries and a driving range of 350km. Started to export the F3 to Ukraine. Annual sales soared 472% on year to 63,153.
- 2007: Built plant in India. F3R hit the market on July 30. F6 rolled off the line on August 9. Annual sales topped 100,000.
- 2008: The e6 pure-electric was unveiled at the Beijing motor show. The F0 mini car was released on September 2, the F3DM hybrid on December 15. Sold over 200,000 cars for the year.
- 2009: Annual sales reached 448,397.
- 2010: A fleet of 30 e6 EVs started to run as taxis in Shenzhen. The joint venture of Shenzhen BYD Daimler New Technology Co., Ltd. (BDNT) was established in Pingshan, Shenzhan, on July 30. BYD K9 electric bus rolled off the line in Changsha, Hunan, on September 30.
- 2011: BYD e6 Pioneer went on sale with a list price of 369,800 Yuan (before rebates).
- 2012: The next-gen F3DM, the Qin, was unwrapped at the Beijing motor show. BYD Surui (F5 Suri), the next-gen F3, hit showrooms in August.
- 2013: BYD Sirui, the next-gen F6, was released on April 20.
|News about BYD:
- The 2016 BYD e6 Will Get a Longer Driving Range of 400km May 11, 2015
- DENZA Announced Partnership with Three Dealers July 26, 2013
- BYD Delivered 30 K9 Electric Buses to Changsha July 18, 2013
- BYD T5 Pure-electric Truck July 17, 2013
- Minor Explosion of BYD e6 Charger in Hong Kong June 20, 2013
- BYD S7 SUV: Shanghai Motor Show in Pics April 21, 2013
- BYD-Daimler is Building a 40,000-Unit EV Production Capacity in Shenzhen April 15, 2013
- DENZA to Unveil High-Voltage Safety Technology for EVs April 1, 2013
- BYD-Daimler Delays Release of DENZA EV March 29, 2013
- BYD and Daimler Increase Investment in DENZA EV Venture March 2, 2013
- BYD to Launch S7 SUV January 31, 2013
- Victims’ Families Sue BYD over e6 Crash Deaths January 23, 2013
- Party Boss of Shenzhen Swapped Audi A6 for BYD e6 January 17, 2013
- Shenzhen Gets 500 BYD e6 Police Cars December 29, 2012
- BYD F0 Mini Car to Get Semi-Automatic Transmission December 27, 2012
- BYD to Assemble Electric Buses in Bulgaria December 12, 2012
- DENZA EV Is in Road Test October 30, 2012
- Next-gen BYD F6 Spotted with New Nameplate “Sirui” October 18, 2012
- Watch DENZA’s New Brand Video October 13, 2012
- DENZA Held First Supplier Conference September 30, 2012