Brands of current/recent products:
||a joint venture of Dongfeng and Honda
Ciimo brand (from Dongfeng Honda):
2013: 321,440 (189,000 of CR-V)
|Official Web Site–Chinese
|Official Web Site–English
- 2002: Dongfeng and Honda signed agreement on establishing a joint venture in China on November 18.
- 2003: Dongfeng Honda Auto was founded in Wuhan on July 16.
- 2004: Honda CR-V rolled off production line in Wuhan on April 24 and hit the market on May 12.
- 2005: Construction began on January 24 to raise the production capacity in Wuhan to 120,000 a year.
- 2006: All-new Dongfeng-Honda Civic was released on April 22.
- 2007: Opened an engine plant in Wuhan on March 7. Put on sale Civic Hybrid on November 19.
- 2008: Rolled out the 300,000th car on June 5. Started expanding the Wuhan plant to raise capacity to 200,000 units a year.
- 2009: Honda Spirior rolled off the line on August 19, becoming the 500,000th car made by the joint venture. The Spirior was released on September 5.
- 2010: Ground broken for Dongfeng-Honda’s No.2 plant in Wuhan on November 5.
- 2011: Rolled out the 1 millionth car on July 23. The ninth-gen Civic was introduced at the Chengdu motor show in September. Launched the China-only brand "Ciimo" at the Guangzhou motor show in November.
- 2012: The first Ciimo car, derived from the Honda City, was released on April 22. On June 7, unveiled the Honda Elysion MPV. The No.2 plant opened on July 10.
- 2013: Dongfeng-Honda Jade hit the market on September 6.
|News about Honda:
- GAC-Honda to Build Acura in 2016 July 18, 2013
- Honda Announced Pricing for Crider Compact June 26, 2013
- Honda Concept S to Be Released as Jade in September April 27, 2013
- GAC-Honda Launched New Compact Sedan “Crider” April 19, 2013
- Ninth-gen Honda Accord Will Get Extended Wheelbase and Turbo 2.0L Engine in China December 21, 2012
- Honda Concept S to Enter Production as the Next-gen Stream in H2 2013 December 3, 2012
- Dongfeng Honda Releases Elysion MPV, Priced above Odyssey June 9, 2012
- Dongfeng-Honda Ciimo Brings Back Eighth Generation Civic May 3, 2012
- GAC-Honda Releases the Everus S1, a Rebadged City Subcompact April 17, 2011
- Overpriced GAC-Honda Crosstour Shunned by Consumers April 15, 2011
- GAC-Honda Everus S1 Rolls Off Line in Guangzhou March 26, 2011
- Top 10 Best-Selling Sedans and SUVs in 2010 January 14, 2011
- Honda’s China Sales Reached Record 650,000 Units January 7, 2011
- Dongfeng Sales Gained 37.8% to 2.615 Million Units in 2010 January 7, 2011
- New Models from the 2010 Guangzhou Auto Show (2): GAC-Honda Everus S1 December 21, 2010
- Honda Crosstour Hits Chinese Showrooms October 30, 2010
- GAC Honda to Launch First “Everus” Car at Guangzhou Auto Show August 20, 2010
- Japanese Automakers Underperformed in July, Except Mazda August 6, 2010
- Upcoming Releases: Accord Crosstour from GAC Honda July 3, 2010
- Honda Lost Yuan 3 Billion in Sales on Strike June 8, 2010