Brands of current/recent products:
||A joint venture between Fujian Motors and Daimler Light Vehicle (Hong Kong); a subsidiary of Beijing-Benz
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
||2012: about 7,500
|Official Web Site–Chinese:
|Official Web Site–English;
- 2007: Established on June 8 as Fujian Daimler Auto (FJDA). Started construction of a vehicle plant in the Minhou county of Fuzhou, Fujian, on August 27.
- 2009: Rolled out the first vehicle in trial production on April 3.
- 2010: Opened the vehicle plant on April 16.
- 2011: Mercedes-Benz Viano and Vito hit the market on April 18, Sprinter on November 21.
- 2012: Fujian Daimler was re-named Fujian Benz on March 1.
|News about Mercedes-Benz:
- Mercedes-Benz Accused of Cutting Corners in China August 25, 2016
- DENZA Announced Partnership with Three Dealers July 26, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz Pulls Ads from Chinese Newspaper after Controversial Reports July 3, 2013
- Fujian Benz’s R&D Center Opened in Fuzhou March 29, 2013
- Xiamen King Long Exposed Replicating Mercedes-Benz Sprinter November 6, 2012
- Ground Broken on BBAC’s New Plant for Producing Mercedes-Benz Compacts September 26, 2012
- Beijing Benz to Launch Long-Wheelbase Mercedes-Benz C-Class August 10, 2012
- Daimler Raises Stake in China Sales Company August 6, 2012
- BAIC E130/150 Hatchback, a Mercedes-Benz B-Class Lookalike, Goes on Sale for 8,500$-13,730$ March 20, 2012
- Fujian Daimler Renamed as Fujian Benz, to Double Dealer Count March 8, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter from Fujian Daimler Goes on Sale for $65,680–$71,965 November 24, 2011
- German Luxury Car Makers Post Big Q1 China Gains April 13, 2011
- Watch Kobe Bryant’s “Big, in the City” Smart Commercial April 4, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz China Signs Kobe Bryant as Smart Ambassador February 20, 2011
- Growth of Luxury Car Sales Doubled That of the Overall Market in 2010 January 14, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz Sales in China Tripled in July August 9, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz to Build the GLK-Class in China, Double Capacity June 30, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz: Release of Extended E-Class Imminent, Engine Plant Planned May 31, 2010
- BYD and Daimler in EV Joint Venture May 27, 2010