Brands of current/recent products:
||a joint venture of GAC and Honda
|Official Web Site–Chinese
|Official Web Site–English
- 1998: GAC (Guangzhou Auto) and Honda signed contract to establish Guangzhou Honda (which was re-named GAC Honda in 2008) on May 7. The joint venture was officially founded on July 1. The first China-made Accord was delivered on October 27.
- 1999: Volume production of Honda Accord started on March 26. Opened the first "4S" store in Guangzhou on the same day.
- 2002: Rolled out the 100,000th Accord on March 1. Started producing Honda Odyssey MPV on April 10.
- 2003: Agreement signed to extend the original JV contract on April 30. Put on sale the locally-built Honda Fit Saloon on September 28.
- 2004: Rolled out the 2005 Honda Fit hatchback on September 12, which hit showrooms ten days later. Ground was broken on November 21 on the second vehicle plant (in Zengcheng, Guangzhou), which would have a designed production capacity of 120,000 a year in the initial stage.
- 2006: Honda City rolled off the line on March 29 and went on sale on April 8. Produced the 500,000th Accord on June 27. Opened the Zengcheng plant on September 19, raising the JV’s production capacity to 360,000 units a year.
- 2007: Rolled out the 1 millionth car on February 10. Established a R&D branch in Guangzhou on July 19.
- 2008: Released the eighth-gen Accord on January 6 with a ceremony held at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. Launched the China-only brand "Linian" (later revealed to be "Everus" as in English) and the first model (a concept) bearing it in April.
- 2009: The joint venture was officially re-named as GAC Honda in June.
- 2010: Rolled out its 2 millionth car on March 1. Revealed the English name for the "Linian" brand–Everus in April. Honda Crosstour was launched in Beijing on September 1, and released on December 30. Everus S1 was unwrapped at the Guangzhou motor show in November.
- 2011: Everus S1 rolled off the line at the Huangpu plant on March 26, and hit the market on April 17. Annual production capacity of GAC Honda increased to 480,000 units at the end of the year.
- 2012: Unveiled the Concept C at the Beijing motor show in April. Released the imported Fit Hybrid in November.
- 2013: Honda Crider, based on the Concept C, hit showrooms in June.
|News about Honda:
- GAC-Honda to Build Acura in 2016 July 18, 2013
- Honda Announced Pricing for Crider Compact June 26, 2013
- Honda Concept S to Be Released as Jade in September April 27, 2013
- GAC-Honda Launched New Compact Sedan “Crider” April 19, 2013
- Ninth-gen Honda Accord Will Get Extended Wheelbase and Turbo 2.0L Engine in China December 21, 2012
- Honda Concept S to Enter Production as the Next-gen Stream in H2 2013 December 3, 2012
- Dongfeng Honda Releases Elysion MPV, Priced above Odyssey June 9, 2012
- Dongfeng-Honda Ciimo Brings Back Eighth Generation Civic May 3, 2012
- GAC-Honda Releases the Everus S1, a Rebadged City Subcompact April 17, 2011
- Overpriced GAC-Honda Crosstour Shunned by Consumers April 15, 2011
- GAC-Honda Everus S1 Rolls Off Line in Guangzhou March 26, 2011
- Top 10 Best-Selling Sedans and SUVs in 2010 January 14, 2011
- Honda’s China Sales Reached Record 650,000 Units January 7, 2011
- Dongfeng Sales Gained 37.8% to 2.615 Million Units in 2010 January 7, 2011
- New Models from the 2010 Guangzhou Auto Show (2): GAC-Honda Everus S1 December 21, 2010
- Honda Crosstour Hits Chinese Showrooms October 30, 2010
- GAC Honda to Launch First “Everus” Car at Guangzhou Auto Show August 20, 2010
- Japanese Automakers Underperformed in July, Except Mazda August 6, 2010
- Upcoming Releases: Accord Crosstour from GAC Honda July 3, 2010
- Honda Lost Yuan 3 Billion in Sales on Strike June 8, 2010