Brands of current/recent products:
Englon (shanghai LTI)
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
||Englon Automobile, Volvo Cars, Kandi Electric Vehicles Group Co., Ltd.( Geely owned 50% of it)
7 (EC7) (1.3/1.5L)
C5 Hatchback (1.5L)
C5 Sedan (1.5L)
Jinying (Golden Eagle) (1.5L)
MK: Sedan (King Kong, new Englon SC6) (1.5L)
MK: Hatchback (1.5L)
SC5 RV (1.5L)
Emgrand EV (pure-electric)
Emgrand GL (1.3/1.8L)
Emgrand GS (1.3/1.8L)
LC (Gleagle Panda) (1.0/1.3L)
CK, Ziyoujian (1.0/1.5L)
Vision (FC, Yuanjing) (1.5L)
Panda Cross (1.3/1.5L)
Hisoon (Haixun) (1.3/1.5/1.8L)
Hysoul (Haishang) (1.3/1.5/1.8L)
Marindo (Haiyu) (1.3L)
|Sales (units, not including Volvo Cars):
||2009: 0.329 million
2013: 549,600, including 118,900 exports.
|Official Web Site–Chinese
|Official Web Site–English
||http://global.geely.com/ (Geely Global), http://www.london-taxis.co.uk/ (London Taxi Company)
- 1996: Li Shufu, who previously made metal parts and motorcycles, founded Geely Group in May.
- 1998: The first Geely car, a Haoqing hatchback, rolled off production line in Linhai, Zhejiang, in August.
- 2001: In April Geely acquired a permit from the Chinese government for manufacturing passenger cars.
- 2003: Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd. was founded on March 24. In August, Geely started delivering cars to overseas markets.
- 2005: Geely became listed in Hong Kong (0175 HK) in May and attended the Frankfurt motor show in September.
- 2006: On October 24, Geely, Shanghai Maple and MBH (Manganese Bronze Holdings) reached agreement on building the London Taxi in China.
- 2007: Geely shipped 300 knocked-down kits to Ukraine in January for its first overseas assembly line.
- 2008: Geely unveiled safety technology BMCS (BLOW-OUT MONITORING AND CONTROL SYSTEM) at the North American International Auto Show in January. The Panda mini car (Geely LC) went on sale in November.
- 2009: Geely bought Australia’s transmission maker, DSI, in March. The Emgrand brand was launched on July 28 as the EC7 rolled off the line in Ningbo, Zhejiang.
- 2010: Geely bought Volvo Car on March 28. The acquisition was completed in August. Emgrand EC8 sedan hit the market on October 29.
- 2011: Geely opened Volvo Car’s China headquarters and technical center in Jiading, Shanghai, on January 25.
- 2012: Geely’s first SUV, the Gleagle GX7, was released in April.
- 2013: In February Geely took 100% control of MBH (Manganese Bronze Holdings) and opened a R&D center in Sweden.
|News about Geely:
- Geely EC7 rolled off assembly line in Uruguay September 4, 2013
- Volvo to Roll out XC60 in Daqing before Year End June 11, 2013
- Geely Emgrand EC7 EV: Shanghai Auto Show in Pics April 19, 2013
- Geely KC Concept: Auto Shanghai 2013 in Pics April 19, 2013
- Volvo V40 Hits Chinese Showrooms April 17, 2013
- Geely Released Englon SX7 SUV, a Re-badged GX7 March 31, 2013
- Kandi and Geely Team Up to Promote Short-range EVs March 24, 2013
- Geely Bought Manganese Bronze, Maker of London Taxis February 3, 2013
- Geely Sales Gained 15% in 2012, Exports Up Sharply January 11, 2013
- Geely Emgrand EC8 Gets GeTec Engines for 2013 December 19, 2012
- Geely Recalls 255,958 King Kong and Golden Eagle Cars for Fuel Leak Hazard November 18, 2012
- Geely Emgrand EC7 Rolls Off Line in Egypt October 15, 2012
- Official Pictures of 2013 Geely Emgrand EC7 October 12, 2012
- Geely is Building Volvo Engine Plant in Zhangjiakou, Hebei July 20, 2012
- Geely-backed Battery Maker, Aforever New Energy, Began Production, Eyeing Volvo C30 EV June 18, 2012
- Geely’s First SUV, Gleagle GX7, Arrives in Showrooms with a Starting Price of $14,729 May 5, 2012
- Geely Missed 2011 Sales Target as Deliveries in China Dropped March 22, 2012
- Geely Signs Jeremy Lin to Promote Volvo Cars in China and the US March 20, 2012
- 2011 Geely CK Launched under the Gleagle Brand, Prices Starting from $6,150 June 30, 2011
- Geely Englon SC7-RV Concept, TX4 Made Youthful: Auto Shanghai in Pictures April 25, 2011