Brands of current/recent products:
||Public (JMC 000550.SZ)
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
||Jiangling Landwind, Jiangling Ford, Jiangxi Isuzu
JMC pickup truck:
Transit (2006) (2.8L)
Transit (2008) (2.3/2.4L)
Forward (Fenghua) (1.3/1.5L)
Fashion (Fengshang) (1.5/1.6/1.8/2.0L)
||2007: 106,565 units
2009: 114,688 units of commercial vehicles from JMC, including 33,585 units of Ford Transit
2010: 178,999 including 52,358 Ford Transits, 66,224 JMC trucks, 604,17 JMC pickups and SUVs
|Official Web Site–Chinese:
||http://www.landwind.com/ (Landwind), http://www.jmc.com.cn/ (JMC), http://www.jmcg.com.cn/ (JMCG)
|Official Web Site–English:
|| http://www.jmc.com.cn/english/index.asp (JMC)
- 1968: JMC traces its history to Jiangxi Auto Works, which was founded in 1968 and known for its Jinggangshan-brand trucks.
- 1984: Started to build Isuzu-brand vehicles.
- 1993: The joint venture of Jiangling-Isuzu was founded in March. Jiangling Motors Co., Ltds. (JMC) was established in November and became listed in Shenzhen (JMC 000550.SZ) in the following month.
- 1995: Entered partnership with Ford (Ford now has a 30% stake in JMC).
- 1997: JMC-Ford began to roll out Transit vans.
- 2002: Annual sales topped 50,000, with a product line featuring JMC Baodian pickup, Ford Transit vans, and JMC light-duty trucks.
- 2005: JMC, Ford, and Changan Auto jointly founded Jiangling Motors Holding (JMH).
- 2007: Ground was broken in December for the new vehicle plant in the Xiaolan Industrial Park in Nanchang.
- 2008: Revamped Ford Transit was released.
- 2009: Annual sales exceeded 100,000.
- 2010: The first JMC-brand SUV, Yusheng, hit the market on December 5.
- 2013: JMC Heavy Duty Vehicle Co., Ltd. was founded in Taiyuan, Shanxi, on February 22. The newly-established company and Ford started building a diesel engine plant in Taiyuan on May 20. JMC opened the new plant in the Xiaolan Industrial Park on June 20, which had a designed production capacity of 300,000 units a year.
|News about Jiangling:
- Jiangling Ford Starts Rolling Out the Everest SUV in Nanchang August 20, 2015
- Ford’s China Sales Soared 49.3% in 2013 to 935,813 January 7, 2014
- Ford’s H1 China Sales Increased 14% to 274,510 July 6, 2011
- JMC Posts 56% Growth in 2010 Sales January 7, 2011
- JMC, a Ford Partner, Releases First Passenger Car–Yusheng SUV December 5, 2010
- Upcoming Releases: Jiangling N350 (Yusheng) July 14, 2010